Friday 28 October 2016

To All The Boys I've Loved Before ~ Jenny Han



To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before is the story of Lara Jean, who has never openly admitted her crushes, but instead wrote each boy a letter about how she felt, sealed it, and hid it in a box under her bed. But one day Lara Jean discovers that somehow her secret box of letters has been mailed, causing all her crushes from her past to confront her about the letters: her first kiss, the boy from summer camp, even her sister's ex-boyfriend, Josh. As she learns to deal with her past loves face to face, Lara Jean discovers that something good may come out of these letters after all.


I can't tell you just how much I loved this books. It exceeded my high expectations.

Lara- Jean Song is one of three sisters, who live alone with their dad after their mother died. For a long time now, Lara Jean has kept her box of love letters to her old crushes. She writes them as her way of letting the boy go and moving on. They have been her secret, until the day she finds the box gone... Events unfurl and she finds herself in a fake relation ship with an old love, Peter.

I find this book well written and funny. Kitty is just so cute and adorable, and Lara Jean is incredibly relatable. I was left wanting more, and I found I hard to put the book down. I enjoyed how it focused on sisters and family, as well as the main love story.
Lara Jean is happy to simply be herself, she doesn't want to go to all the parties, or raid all the shops. She enjoys being quiet, reading and scrap booking. With that being said, she was interesting and witty, unlike many similar characters I have read before. She developed over the book, and her love and enjoyment of baking/food, just made the book that much better.

  Chris was another character whom I liked because she was different. She is Lara Jean's best friend, but not the sort that is normally stereotyped. She has a completely different personality, and yet their friendship is really strong. Chris is witty, confident, and a bit of a rebel.

I seriously recommend you try this book, even if it is just for he pretty cover. I loved it and I can't wait to read the sequel.

As usual, please comment suggestions on how I could improve my reviews, or which books I should review next xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment