Friday 27 January 2017

Anna and the French Kiss ~ Stephanie Perkins


Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris--until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, Étienne has it all...including a serious girlfriend.

But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss?

Oh. My. God. I really really want to go to Paris now if they have boys like Étienne there.

 Needless to say, I loved this book. The characters were well developed and the plot was quick and interesting. Perkins described the settings well so I actually could believe I was there. And like I said before, I really want to visit Paris now...

I liked Anna because she had good morals and a good personality, like when she refused to tell Étienne what he said to her at Thanksgiving, instead making up something new because she knew the situation it would put him in and that it would put strain on their relationship. She tried to squash her own feelings to save his becoming complicated.
   The only thing I didn't like about her as much was how obbssessive she was about Étienne's looks. Étienne is described throughout as being "gorgeous" with "messy brown hair" and "Brown eyes like chocolate truffles". She also made frequent references to his British accent amongst the American accents of the others.


I loved how easy going, confident and friendly Étienne was. He made Anna feel welcome from their very first meeting. His sentimetal side and his compassion, as well as his determination to (for want of a better word) out do his dad just made him that much more attractive.

I admit that the story was a bit fluffy, but it was easy to read and I just love the romances in contemporary fictions like this one. I loved this book and I went straight on to reading the next one.

As usual, please comment suggestions on how I could improve my reviews and which books I should review next xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment